Tourist Info Desk

Welcome to Fernweh, a blog concerning the (mis)adventures of one Fulbrighter during a year spent in Europe teaching English.
If you'd like to know what's going on, please see the welcome message here.
If you're wondering what the book reviews are about, I direct your attention to the reading list/classic lit challenge here.
Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to hearing from you!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Appreciating Prague

Although we did much today, there isn't a whole lot to report. I've already told you about the wonderful buildings and winding streets, except that now in full daylight, we could really experience the pastel colors and scrolling details on so many buildings.

We took a free walking tour for most of the morning; many of the places were, again, familiar to me, though I couldn't tell you what they meant. Our guide was a fun and energetic young man from North Carolina (not very local!) who took the group through the Old Town, the Jewish Quarter, and along the riverfront. After the tour, we spent a lot of time wandering, having lunch, and shopping aimlessly, just enjoying the ambiance of the city. We finished off the day with a dinner of bread, cheese, salami, and wine in the Market Square, watching people and cars go by in the gathering twilight.

I wish I had more variety and things of interest to regale you with. But it's getting late here, and sleep sits heavy on my eyelids. So more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment